If you’ve been looking forward to join the ProductiveMuslim team, you now have a great chance!
ProductiveMuslim is currently looking for professional editors and a community manager.
ProductiveMuslim started as a simple blog driven by Abu Productive’s vision towards inspiring others to lead productive lives. Today, the blog has developed into an established platform on productivity — managed by a virtual team of more than 20 volunteers from around the globe.
As we continue to grow and consistently seek to reach greater heights, we’re in need of some more helping hands.
Here is what we’re looking for.
The editor is responsible for the review of content submissions and developing them in terms of quality and relevance.
- Edit articles for substance and quality
- Develop articles to be ready for publishing (incorporate SEO features, appropriate layout and formatting, etc.)
- Brainstorm relevant and new topics for ProductiveMuslim.com fans, and assign topics to appropriate contributors
- Be able to meet tight and spur of the moment deadlines
- Partake in online team meetings whenever scheduled
- Occasionally contribute personally written articles
- Prepare or edit sales copy when required
Unpaid, voluntary position
Orientation meeting and software training. Additional skills development training courses when relevant.
Approximately 7 hours a week.
- Help serve the Ummah
- Develop personal/professional skills
- Work with a dynamic and international team
- Expand your global network of professional Muslims
- Benefit from valuable courses and the exposure to modern productivity techniques
- Help change lives, literally (it’s in the testimonials!)
- Be inspired to be a better you
- High level of English (proficiency, understanding of grammar rules, clarity etc.) – Essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with team members and contributors – Essential
- Ability to learn quickly (for various projects) – Essential
- Computer literate – Essential
- Have a critical eye and attention to detail for editing – Essential
- Creativity and flair for content topics/ideas – Essential
- Previous editorial experience – Essential
- Excellent organizational skills – Desirable
- Be willing and enthusiastic to support senior members of staff – Essential
- Committed to the ProductiveMuslim.com vision and values – Desirable
- Be able to commit 7 to 10 hours a week – Desirable
- Willing to undertake tasks as set by Head of Content and Research or other members of team – Essential
- Prior experience in copywriting and marketing activities – Desirable
The Community Manager will be the primary administrator for the Productive Muslim social media communities (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc). We are looking for someone who is comfortable creating a buzz on social media, leading social content campaigns and working on special projects. Experience creating online content, managing online Muslim communities, building a social campaign from the ground up and a passion for social content are the four must-haves for this role.
Social Media Marketing:
- Works with Marketing Lead to develop and implement community promotion and engagement strategies and tactics as they relate to our strategic goals.
- Coordinates with Marketing team and Research & Content team to ensure successful social media campaigns for product launches, announcing events, and/or social campaigns.
- Engages with ProductiveMuslim Online Social Media communities in a platform-appropriate style.
- Monitors discussions on our social media, responds in a timely fashion where appropriate
- Alerts relevant team members as issues arise and work with team members to ensure issues are resolved.
- Monitors and measures the success of community engagement (i.e. number of users, number of discussions, etc.), and provides reports to the management team.
- Identifies and reports on community trends to internal teams and advises on potential opportunities or risks.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have previous community management experience
- Actively participate in a wide variety of social media platforms.
- Understand popular social networks – design, functionality, users engagement tactics, etc.
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Have Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Do not apply if:
- You are simply looking for a hobby
- You are unable to commit time for this role
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility: You have the freedom to work how you want, where you want. We focus on results.
- Personal and professional growth: As part of volunteering with the ProductiveMuslim team, you’ll be part of a dynamic, ever-growing, ever-learning, productive Muslim team. You’ll gain insights into how decisions are made and some of the major challenges that companies such as ours face, and you’ll be part of the ups and downs of running an online organization.
- Training: As much as you’re helping us, we want to help you! Our dream for each of ourvolunteers is that they come out from the experience with as much learning and skills that they can put to use for their future work and home life. Therefore, we commit to offer you free or subsidized access to relevant training programs that will improve and add to your current skill set and stand you in good stead for the future. You will also be working with experienced team members who are always ready to lend a helping hand.
- Reward: In this life of inspiring people and turning their lives around for the better and the reward in the next life for the hard work dedicated to Allah’s pleasure, in sha Allah.
- Reference: We are also happy to provide you a reference to future employers/colleges/university upon successful completion of six months working with us.
HOW TO APPLY:
– For the ‘Editor’ position, please submit your resume/CV, cover letter detailing your interest and/or previous work to email@example.com
Please add “Editor Application” in the subject line.
– For the ‘Community Manager position please submit your resume/CV, cover letter detailing your interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add “Community Manager” in the subject line.
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 29 February 2016
We’re really interested for you to join us; apply early!
We get a huge number of applications so, unfortunately, it’s not possible for us to reply to everyone. Please bear with us if we take time to contact you. If you don’t hear from us, try next time, in sha Allah!