**Applications have closed**
The IT Team at ProductiveMuslim.com is looking to hire an experienced WordPress Developer to join our friendly and hard-working Web Team. You’ll be enthusiastic with a positive attitude, dedication and willingness to work hard – sometimes under high pressure.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress CMS websites using the good practice & de-facto standard plugins
- Experience working with WordPress at PHP code level:
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions
- Creation of custom post types
- Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with the WordPress coding standards
- Creation of clean, logical, well-documented and re-usable code
- Theme/Template integration
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) beneficial
- Source Code Management using:
- Subversion (SVN) or
- GIT would be advantageous but full training will be provided
- Experience of working with remote team
- Good Communication Skills
Nice to have:
- Exposure to Front-end speed optimisations
- Experience creating multi-lingual websites Advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of web accessibility
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues
Note: The job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they currently exist but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule of tasks.
Unpaid, voluntary position
Why join the team:
- Work with a dynamic and international team of leading muslim professionals in their respective industries
- Benefit from team members’ knowledge and experience as well as courses
- Learn modern productivity techniques and boost your own productivity
- Develop yourself professionally. Example of things you’ll learn:
- Developing large-scale, complex sites using WordPress as CMS
- How to optimise and scale website for a large audience base
- Responsive Web Development
- How to optimise website for speed
- How scale a site beyond a simple blog
If you develop a cool plug-in for ProductiveMuslim, we like to give you full credit for your work. We will encourage and support you in sharing it with rest of the world via WordPress.org Plugin or Theme Directory.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter outlining why you think you’d match the job requirements. Also include any relevant examples of your work.
Deadline for applications: 22nd January, 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.