“Shaytan can overpower a single person easily but whenever we are in company, he is far away. Therefore avoid isolation, avoid being alone because that’s the time when you can do that sin (pornography)” – Wael Ibrahim*
Joining us back on again is coach and expert, Br. Wael Ibrahim, to be interviewed by our host Mifrah Mahroof for the second and final part of this series dedicated to ending the pornography addiction.
In part one of this interview series we discussed the dangers of pornography including the forms it exists in, the effects it has on the mind and how big of a problem it is today.
Now in today’s interview we discuss how to protect ourselves and others from falling into a pornography addiction along with tackling the big question – how do I get out if I am stuck? Finding the cure.
- How does a person find themselves in a pornography addiction. What are some behaviours, actions that take place before a person finds themselves with this addiction?
- With the abundance of lewd entertainment today and porn being just a click away, how can an individual protect themselves from it?
- It’s said that having too much free time makes you more vulnerable to a porn addiction, how this is so?
- If it’s common to find young people have a lot of free time then would you say that most of the addicted individuals who come to you for help are young people?
- What about family members, what role can they play in protecting their families from this?
- Moving on to the topic of cure now, how long does it take until a person is completely free from this addiction?
- What are some of the steps towards quitting?
Books and Resources:
- Break Free From Porn Addiction (Productive Muslim Article)
- K9 Web Protection (Internet Filter and Parental Control Software)
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment (Eckhart Tolle)
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business (Charles Duhigg)
- The Drug of the New Millennium: The Brain Science Behind Internet Pornography Use (Mark B. Kastleman)
- Pornified: How Pornography Is Damaging Our Lives, Our Relationships, and Our Families (Pamela Paul)
- Truth Behind the Fantasy of Porn: The Greatest Illusion on Earth (Shelley Lubben)
- The Porn Trap: The Essential Guide to Overcoming Problems Caused by Pornography (Wendy and Larry Maltz)
- Addiction as an Attachment Disorder (Philip J. Flores)
Connect with Wael:
- Change: A motivational book to help you break-free from undesirable habits, especially PORNOGRAPHY – Wael Ibrahim
- Volunteer Program for Sufferers of Pornography (email: email@example.com )
- Facebook Page
*Quote has been edited for the sake of readability.