ProductiveMuslim started as a simple blog driven by Abu Productive’s vision towards inspiring others to lead productive lives. Today, the blog has developed into an established platform on productivity — managed by a virtual team of more than 20 volunteers from around the globe.
As we continue to grow and consistently seek to reach greater heights, we’re in need of some more helping hands.
What do we need help with?
We are looking for a Graphic Design Volunteer to do the following:
• Support ProductiveMuslim.com in online/offline marketing campaigns by designing suitable posters, leaflets, online banners, social media covers, etc.
• Maintain the branding of ProductiveMuslim.com in all our online/print material.
• Provide design input/feedback into our projects.
What’s in it for you?
• Flexibility: You have the freedom to work how you want, where you want. We focus on results.
• Personal and professional growth: As part of volunteering with the ProductiveMuslim team, you’ll be part of a dynamic, ever-growing, ever-learning, productive Muslim team. You’ll gain insights into how decisions are made and some of the major challenges that companies such as ours face, and you’ll be part of the ups and downs of running an online organization.
• Training: As much as you’re helping us, we want to help you! Our dream for each of our volunteers is that they come out from the experience with as much learning and skills that they can put to use for their future work and home life. Therefore, we commit to offer you free or subsidized access to relevant training programs that will improve and add to your current skill set and stand you in good stead for the future. You will also be working with experienced team members who are always ready to lend a helping hand.
• Reward: In this life of inspiring people and turning their lives around for the better and the reward in the next life for the hard work dedicated to Allah’s pleasure, in sha Allah.
• Reference: We are also happy to provide you a reference to future employers/colleges/university upon successful completion of six months working with us.
You’ll be a great fit if:
• You have an existing interest in visual arts, graphics design or illustration and are willing to develop it further
• You have intermediate proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or similar software
• You are someone with a design experience and is willing to donate 3-5 hours per week for ProductiveMuslim.com
Do not apply if:
• You are simply looking for a hobby
• You are unable to commit time for this role
How to Apply
We’re looking for exceptional individuals who would add value to our work. Therefore, the application process is designed specifically to select such individuals and people we see to be best-fit with our team.
Here’s how the application process will work:
1. Complete the following design assignment:
1. Design a 750 x 422px ad banner for us that contains the following text:
• Simple Practical Guide to Developing Your Life Goals
• START THIS COURSE
Please also include the following imagery:
• ProductiveMuslim Academy logo (Click to download)
• a custom ProductiveMuslim ‘stickman’ (Click to download)
2. Send your design work along with a brief bio about yourself (Name, Age, Time Zone, Role you want to apply for) with the email subject Graphic Designer Application to aneesah[at]productivemuslim[dot]com.
3. If selected, you’ll be invited for a short interview (10-15 minutes) with the head of our Design Team.
4. After the interview, you should receive a reply (yes or no) within 1 week in sha Allah. This is where you’ll be invited to join our team on probation basis for 1 month.
5. Upon successful completion of your 1 month probation, you’ll be confirmed within our team and receive a welcome pack to ProductiveMuslim.com.
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 15 January 2016
We’re really interested for you to join us; apply early!
We get a huge number of applications so, unfortunately, it’s not possible for us to reply to everyone. Please bear with us if we take time to contact you. If you don’t hear from us, try next time, in sha Allah!