Thank you for your interest. Application period has closed.
Social Media Assistant (4-month Internship)
Aim: To manage all of Productive Muslim’s social media profiles, respond to messages/queries from the audiences on all platforms, and publish articles on ProductiveMuslim.com.
- Manage all social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, and LinkedIn):
- Post engaging, relevant content on each profile daily (could be scheduled in advance) in addition to posting announcements
- Respond to all messages/queries from fans on all social media platforms
- Ideally remain abreast of changes taking place on various social media and discuss with team/reflect them on Productive Muslim’s use of the media
- Publish articles on ProductiveMuslim.com:
- Post articles via WordPress while sourcing relevant images when required
- Respond to readers’ comments on articles as required or forward to respective team for follow-up
- Assist Executive Assistant in administrative tasks, including:
- Customer service via our main inbox (responding to emails)
- Scheduling meetings
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Attend online Skype meetings with team members when required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills – Essential
- Be committed, hardworking, and motivated – Essential
- Computer-literate and quick learner – Essential
- Ability to meet deadlines – Essential
- Experience with and proficiency in all or most of the above-mentioned social media platforms – Essential
- Experience with WordPress or other blogging site – Desirable
- Experience in customer service – Desirable
- Shared vision for ProductiveMuslim.com – Desirable
Estimated Commitment: 10 hours per week (Note: Ramadan is coming up and that is our peak period of productivity :) – lots of work but lots of reward, in sha Allah. So please bear that in mind.)
What has motivated our team to carry ProductiveMuslim.com forward since 2008? It is the reward in this life of inspiring people and turning lives around for the better and the reward in the next life for the hard work dedicated to Allah’s (glorified and exalted be He) pleasure.
- Improve social media skills and marketing via these platforms
- Free or subsidized access to relevant training programs
- Develop ability to work with a global online team using project management tools
- Personal development opportunities through interaction with team members
- Reference available upon successful completion of tenure or upon voluntary resignation
Training Provided: Hands-on training of the systems used as well as an overview of team guidelines
How to Apply
If you have the skills we’re looking for and are motivated to work with our dynamic team of volunteers, here’s what you need to do:
- E-mail your CV to [email protected] stating “Social Media Assistant” in the subject line of the your email
- Provide a cover letter indicating why you want to apply for the position and how you think you fit the description
- Deadline for applications: 25th May 2013
What to Expect
Sent in your application? Great! Our team will conduct a short-listing process after 25th May, 2013. If your application has been short-listed, you will be contacted for an online interview within a few days. Although we would love to personally respond to each and every proactive applicant, the large volume of applications we receive usually prevents us from doing so. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Is this a paid position?
No, the position is an unpaid, voluntary one. The Productive Muslim Team is a big team of dedicated volunteers. :)
How is the training conducted?
The training will be held online by the team heads.
Where are you located?
Productive Muslim is a global team with members in countries including US, Canada, UK, UAE, Bosnia, France, Egypt, Turkey, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, and Saudi Arabia. All our work is conducted online, hence you can be anywhere in the world to apply for the positions above.
How are teams structured?
Productive Muslim is structured into four teams – Admin, IT, Marketing & Sales, and Research & Content. Each team has a Head, who reports directly to the founder of Productive Muslim.
I can’t seem to fit the role description above, but I still want to join the Productive Muslim team. What do I do?
Keep an eye on our website. As we’re growing, alhamdulillah, we often have openings in the team.
But I’d like to join Productive Muslim NOW!
If you still insist, send us an e-mail through the “Contact Us” page and tell us your skills and strengths. Better yet, send us your resume.