ProductiveMuslim started as a simple blog driven by Abu Productive’s vision towards inspiring others to lead productive lives. Today, the blog has developed into an established platform on productivity — managed by a virtual team of more than 20 volunteers from around the globe.
As we continue to grow and consistently seek to reach greater heights, we’re in need of some more helping hands.
What do we need help with?
We’re looking for three super-friendly, super-efficient volunteers to help us respond to queries from our audience. Your main responsibility is to ensure that our readers/customers/clients are happy with ProductiveMuslim and to show that we care about them and that we go the extra mile for them.
You’ll be spending your time:
- Answering all types of queries from various sources (e-mail, social media, other ProductiveMuslim forums) within 3 days of receipt.
- Impressing our audience with detailed, timely responses and excellent customer service skills.
- Flagging e-mails that need a direct response from Abu Productive or other team members and follow up on responses.
- Attending online Skype meetings with team members when required
- Reporting to your team head every week and interacting with the rest of the Productive Muslim team about your performance to deliver a stellar experience to our readers/customers/clients
What’s in it for you?
- Flexibility: You have the freedom to work how you want, where you want. We focus on results.
- Personal and professional growth: As part of volunteering with Productive Muslim team, you’ll be part of a dynamic, ever-growing, ever-learning productive, Muslim team. You’ll gain insights into how decisions are made and some of the major challenges that companies such as ours face, and you’ll be part of the ups and downs of running an online organization.
- Training: As much as you’re helping us, we want to help you! Our dream for each of our volunteers is that they come out from the experience with as much learning and skills that they can put to use for their future work and home life. Therefore, we commit to offer you free or subsidized access to relevant training programs that will improve and add to your current skill set and stand you in good stead for the future.
- Reward: In this life of inspiring people and turning their lives around for the better and the reward in the next life for the hard work dedicated to Allah’s subḥānahu wa ta’āla (glorified and exalted be He) pleasure, In sha Allah.
- Reference: We are also happy to provide you a reference to future employers/colleges/university upon successful completion of 6 months working with us.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have strong work ethic – sincerity, professionalism, and responsibility
- You love to go the extra mile to help others
- You are proactive and have an extremely positive attitude
- You have excellent organizational and communication skills
- You have the ability to tactfully and truthfully deal with complaints or disappointed customers
- You are able to think of crazy, creative, cool ideas to impress our customers
- You are computer-literate and fast with e-mails/social media
- You have the ability to respond to e-mail/queries within 72 hours
- You have experience in customer support
- You share ProductiveMuslim’s vision
- You are a continuous learner
Do not apply if:
- You are looking for a hobby
- You are unable to commit time for this role on a daily basis
How to Apply
If you have the skills we’re looking for and are motivated to work with our dynamic team of volunteers, please fill out the form below.
Deadline for applications: 15th October 2015
What to Expect
Sent in your application? Great! Our team will conduct a short-listing process after 19th October, 2014. If your application has been shortlisted, you will be contacted for an online interview within a few days.
Is this a paid position?
No, the position is an unpaid, voluntary one. The ProductiveMuslim Team is a big team of dedicated volunteers :)
I applied but haven’t heard from your team yet. When will you contact me?
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If your application has been shortlisted you will hear from us by 14th October, 2015. Although we would love to respond personally to each and every proactive individual who applies, the large volume of applications we receive usually prevents us from doing so. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
How is the training conducted?
The training will be held online by the team heads.
Where are you located?
ProductiveMuslim is a global team with volunteers working from various countries including US, UK, UAE, France, Pakistan, Malaysia, Singapore, and Saudi Arabia. All our work is conducted online, hence you can be anywhere in the world to apply for the positions above.
How are teams structured?
ProductiveMuslim is structured into four teams — Admin, IT, Marketing & Sales and Research & Content. Each team has a Head, who reports directly to the founder of ProductiveMuslim.
I can’t seem to fit any of the role descriptions above, but I still want to join the ProductiveMuslim Team. What do I do?
Keep an eye on our website. As we’re growing, alhamdulillah, we often have openings on the team.
But I’d like to join ProductiveMuslim NOW!
Send us an e-mail through the “Contact Us” page and tell us your skills and strengths. Better yet, send us your resume explaining exactly how you can help us.