We always hear about the virtues of the month of Shaaban, but some people don’t know how to make the best out of it. A group of sisters from Egypt, however, created a plan to help each other maximize their productivity in Shaaban.
This hadith triggered the motivation.
Usamah bin Zaid said: “I said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, I do not see you fasting any month as much as Shaaban.’ He said: ‘That is a month to which people do not pay much attention, between Rajab and Ramadan. It is a month in which the deeds are taken up to the Lord of the worlds, and I like that my deeds be taken up when I am fasting.”‘ [Sunan an-Nasa’i]
What would you do if you found out that your deeds are being raised to Allah to see them throughout this month?
This group of sisters eagerly planned to follow the sunnah of fasting and maximize their productive good deeds.
They’ve created a whatsapp group, in which they help each other do the following daily:
– Reminder of reciting the morning adhkar
– Sending pages of Qur’an for everyone to read.
– Reminder of reciting the evening adhkar
– Around maghrib time: reminder of making dua’ for all Muslims, all oppressed people around the world and all those who’re going through difficulty. Also, each person who needs/have a specific dua’ request asks for it so everyone could make dua’ for them.
– Second reminder for those who didn’t finish their daily Qur’an reading.
– Qur’anic reflections and an open discussion on any matter concerning the religion.
– Reminder of the adhkar before bedtime, recitation of Surat al Mulk and doing wudu’ before going to bed.
– From 2-3 pm & from 10 pm- 12 am: Free time open for bonding, sharing ideas, and supporting anyone who needs help.
Other targets they set for Shaaban:
1- Increase in bonding with parents since it is a way of showing gratitude to Allah , and a door to Jannah.
2- Increase in voluntary fasts [at least Mondays, Thursdays and the 13th, 14th, 15th of the Islamic calendar].
3- Maintaining the sunnah prayers.
4- Giving charity, and making lots dua’.
This is what the group of sisters decided to do to productively revive their faith in Shaaban. If you’ve benefited from this plan, print and/or share the doodle with your family and friends. And tell us, what other practical tips do you have? How are you getting yourself ready for Ramadan? Let us know in the comments section.