In the second season of the Productive Muslim Podcast, we go through the Pre- Ramadan Bootcamp with our host, Mifrah Mahroof. The purpose of this bootcamp is to help you prepare for Ramadan spiritually, physically and socially so that when Ramadan begins you will be in a better position to make the most out of it.
Today’s episode marks the beginning of round two of the weekly challenge. The challenges below are slightly harder than last week’s challenge – but if you found last week’s challenge to be hard, then we suggest you stick to last week’s challenge for a few more days before attempting this week’s challenge. The challenges are as follows and make sure you pick one from Spiritual, Physical and Social categories. Once you’ve picked up your four challenges (including the group challenge) do share them with us in the comments below:
1) Group Challenge:
This is a mandatory challenge. Fast a minimum of 2 days in a row! One off fasting can be easy, but 2 days in a row or 3 days in a row will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect Ramadan to feel like. Give it a go this week.
2) Spiritual Challenges:
- Pray Istikhara prayer for at least one decision (personal or professional) that you need to make each day. Could be the same decision or different decision. The idea is to get into the habit of seeking Allah’s guidance when making a decision.
- Pray Witr prayer before sleeping (minimum 3 rak’aat).
- Pick 3 new duas which you normally don’t say from MakeDua.com (e.g. dua for waking up, or sleeping, or leaving home, etc) and commit to saying it every day.
3) Physical Challenges:
- Don’t check your phone first thing in the morning when you wake up for at least 2 hours.
- Avoid “Refined Carbohydrates”e.g. white rice, white flour.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day.
- Nap every day.
4) Social Challenges:
- Connect with 1 new neighbor per week.
- Meet 1 new community member in your local masjid/school/parent group.
Remember to let us know the progress of your challenges daily in the comments section by answering in one the following ways:
- yyy means I have done all three challenges today
- nnn means I didn’t do them today
- yny I did the Spiritual, not the Physical, but the social
- nny I didn’t do the spiritual, nor the physical, but I did the social
To be more clear:
- 1st y or n is for Spiritual
- 2nd y or n is for Physical
- 3rd y or n is for Social
Thank you for listening!
Are you ready to make the most out of this Ramadan? If so, let us know your thoughts and ideas on iTunes or Stitcher Radio. This helps us get the word out there and in turn, give us the opportunity to benefit more people.For more resources including pre-Ramadan, Ramadan, and post-Ramadan courses, check out the Productive Muslim Academy.