The Productive Muslim Company is becoming a Hijri-first company as part of its #LetsGoHijri campaign. Orienting the company’s business and planning to the Hijri Calendar will entail:
- Aligning the Productive Muslim’s monthly newsletter with the Hijri calendar (issuing the newsletter at the beginning of every Hijri month).
- Aligning the internal team meetings and planning with the Hijri calendar.
- Aligning the Productive Muslim Masterclasses (The ProductiveMuslim Masterclass, The Money Masterclass, The Mindfulness Masterclass) with the Hijri calendar.
- Aligning Barakah Academy‘s Live Events and the Book Club to the Hijri Calendar (all monthly events will take place according to the Hijri calendar).
- Displaying the Hijri date on the Productive Muslim website and on every article.
- Aligning team pay to the Hijri Calendar (and this means the team will get a bonus every 2 years – by Allah’s Permission).
About the #LetsGoHijri Campaign
For 15 centuries, the Islamic calendar has been the primary calendar for Muslims globally connecting the Islamic civilization that spanned from Spain to Indonesia.
Over the last 100 years, however, the Islamic calendar lost its status and we rarely organize our life around it anymore (except for Eid, Ramadan, and Hajj).
Unfortunately, we don’t realize that we stand to lose much when we neglect this spiritual calendar that’s aligned with the Divine Order.
Reviving the Islamic calendar is essential to align our lives with Barakah Culture and as Muslim professionals, we need to take responsibility to revive it today.
With that in mind, The Productive Muslim Company started the #LetsGoHijri campaign to revive the Islamic calendar in our personal and professional lives.
How to Be Part of the Campaign
- Read this article on “Why the Islamic Calendar Matters More than You Think”.
- Sign up for the campaign by going to our new campaign website GoHijri.org and click join the campaign.
- Change your Facebook profile pic to this one to say that you’re supporting #GoingHijri.
- Support the campaign by purchasing a digital or physical copy of our new Hijri-first calendar.
- Download the #LetsGoHijri logo and the 10-day challenge infographic here and share across your social media accounts with the hashtag #LetsGoHijri. Tell all your family and friends about this campaign!
We understand that aligning our lives with the Hijri calendar might seem impractical – but if we are sincere to revive this spiritual calendar in our lives for the sake of Allah , and take active steps to resolve some of the practical challenges to align our lives/organizations with the Islamic calendar, we can make it happen, insha’Allah.
If you’re passionate about the Islamic calendar or know someone who is, we’re looking to build a small team to run a non-profit think-tank to advocate for the Islamic Calendar. Let us know your skills here.