We have now closed the application. JazakAllah khair to all those who applied. You’ll be contacted, if you are selected for an interview.
With the blessings of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala), ProductiveMuslim.com has been growing exponentially over the past years. There is a lot going on in the back office and we’re now at a stage where we need more people to help us fulfill our vision of making the Ummah productive!
We are looking talent for three specific positions:
- WordPress Expert
- Financial Manager
- Research Assistant
Job descriptions for each can be found below:
Job Title: WordPress Expert
We would like to strengthen our internal IT team with young, dynamic and creative ‘geeks’ who can take ProductiveMuslim to the next level and ensure the smooth back-end operations of our websites.
- Install & customize WordPress standard and premium plugins & widgets
- Customize opt-in forms with custom CSS (customize templates)
- Prepare weekly & monthly website traffic report using Google Analytics
- Identify traffic/visitor trends & advise ProductiveMuslim management with actionable ideas to improve traffic/site visibility
- Collate and analyze Mailchimp autoresponder reports, understand patterns & advise ProductiveMuslim management with actionable ideas
- Optimize posts
- Research new technologies (plugins) that can add value to our websites
- Reply to email IT support inquiries
- Other related activities as and when required
- PHP & CSS coding : Essential
- Customize WordPress themes such as Thesis Framework, Canvas Woo theme : Essential
- Install and configure plugins : Essential
- Experience in web hosting & migration : Essential
- Optimize pages : Essential
- SEO : Essential
- Google Analytics : Essential
- Knowledge in multi-language plugins such as WPML, Membership sites, e-Commerce plugins, email marketing, affiliate marketing, social media marketing & content marketing : Desirable
Requirements: 8 hours per week
Job Title: ProductiveMuslim Financial Manager
To establish and maintain financial procedures for ProductiveMuslim and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements as relating to Company Law.
- Advise on the proper allocation of resources
- Develop monthly projected cash flows to help manage day to day business
- Ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place and in use at all times
- Make regular reports to the ProductiveMuslim team on income, expenditure and any variations from budgets
- Ensure that all financial reporting obligations are met in relation to submissions for funding, for grant aid, for contracts and any other initiatives
- Develop financial reporting systems, accounting and collection procedures, and make recommendations for changes to procedures, budgets, and other financial control functions
- Proven administrative, leadership and management ability in the areas of financial planning and management: Essential
- Experience of financial responsibility for a budget, including experience of accounting guidelines, end of year accounts and external liaison with auditor: Desirable
- 1-2 years experience: Essential
- Experience of financial responsibility for a social enterprise/NGO : Desirable
- Experience using Freshbooks and/or other online financial management tools : Desirable.
Requirements: 2-3 hours per week.
Job Title: Research Assistant
To assist Research and Content team by preparing reports, searching sources for articles and compiling research from a variety of resources for any kind of content-related project.
- Collect qualified, authentic and sufficient data
- Prepare research from different sources using online sources and books
- Compile clearly written, brief, and organized data for use in content delivery
- Attend online Skype meetings with Research & Content team when required
- Assist Head of Content & Research in liasing with contributors and on other projects
- Previous research experience: Essential
- Excellent organisational and communication skills: Essential
- Ability to effectively compile research: Essential
- Computer literate and quick learner: Essential
- Have committed, hardworking and motivated attitude: Essential
- Ability to work in a team and independently using own initiative: Essential
- Attention to detail and eye for relevant information: Essential
- Shared vision for ProductiveMuslim.com: Desirable
- Able to meet deadlines: Essential
- Willing to undertake tasks as set by Head of Content and Research or other members of team: Desirable
Requirements: 5-7 hours per week.
Is this a paid position?
No, the positions posted here are unpaid, voluntary positions.
How is the training conducted?
The training will be held online by the team heads.
Where are you located?
ProductiveMuslim is global team with members in countries including US, Canada, UK, UAE, Turkey, Singapore, India and Saudi Arabia. All our work is conducted online, hence you can be anywhere in the world to apply for the positions above.
How are teams structured?
ProductiveMuslim is structured into three teams – Admin, IT and Research & Content. Each team has a Head, who reports directly to the founder of ProductiveMuslim.
I can’t seem to fit in any of these job descriptions, but I still want to join the ProductiveMuslim team. What do I do?
Keep an eye on our website. As we’re growing, Alhamdulillah, we often have openings on the team.
But I’d like to join Productive Muslim NOW!
If you still insist, send us an e-mail through the “Contact Us” page and tell us your skills and strengths. Better yet, send us your resume.
Why would I work for Productive Muslim?
- This is an excellent growth opportunity by working for an online social enterprise with a global professional team.
- Boost your CV and your LinkedIn Profile with experience working for a dynamic online company.
- Access to high value online training programs (over $4500 in value!)
- You will have access to our products for FREE such as our ProductiveRamadan course and any future courses developed.
- You’ll have your own your name at productivemuslim.com email alias.
Now, how do I apply?
- Email subject line must be the title of the job you’re applying for
- Must include a cover letter (no longer than 1 page) outlining why you’d like to work for ProductiveMuslim.com, how you meet the person specification and link(s) to any previous work/your blog/website
- Your CV
When will I hear from ProductiveMuslim?
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and appreciate the time taken to apply. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview (which will be held over Skype).