This post is now closed. JazakAllah khair for your applications. The successful candidates will be contacted for an interview soon, inshaAllah.
The Research and Content team is looking for candidates who can fulfil the following roles.
1. Assistant Editor
To assist in developing content, editing articles for publication and support the Head of Research and Content in outsourcing content.
To undertake editing of articles, to liaise with contributors on topics and do any other task assigned by the Head of R&C to create sustainable and consistent content. To be acting Head of R&C in the absence of the Editor.
Unpaid, voluntary position
Step by step guide to 37Signals, Podio, and Guide to Research and Content Team.
- Helping to serve the Ummah and benefit other Muslims
- Improve your knowledge of productivity and editorial skills
- Develop yourself personally, through managing time effectively and strengthening organisational
- Learn how to work in a global team on various projects
- High level of English (proficiency, understanding of grammar rules, clarity etc.) -Essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with team members and contributors -Essential
- Ability to learn quickly (for various projects) – Essential
- Computer literate – Essential
- Have a critical eye and attention to detail for editing -Desirable
- Creativity and flair for content topics/ideas – Desirable
- Previous editorial experience – Desirable
- Confident user of internet and Microsoft applications – Essential
- Excellent organisational skills – Essential
- Be willing and enthusiastic to support senior members of staff – Essential
- Committed to the ProductiveMuslim.com vision and values – Desirable
- Willing to undertake tasks as set by Head of Content and Research or other members of team – Desirable
2. Research and Content Assistant (Intern) x 4
To assist the Research and Content team in processing research results, editing articles, liaise with contributors for ProductiveRamadan.com content and undertake tasks as needed by the team relating to content and research.
- Process and summarise survey results
- Assist the Researcher and Assistant Researcher in producing research reports
- Edit articles as required to ensure high quality
- Liaise with contributors for the website on ProductiveRamadan.com content
- Attend online Skype meetings with the Research and Content team as and when scheduled
- Undertake other tasks as indicated by Head of Research and Content or other members of team
May 15th – 30th August 2012, approximately 7-10 hours a week
Unpaid, voluntary position
Online training induction session
- Develop ability to work with a global online team using project management tools
- Personal development opportunities through interaction with team members
- Reference available upon successful completion of internship
Previous editorial experience – Essential
Excellent organisational and communication skills – Essential
Knowledge of online management tools – Desirable
Ability to work in a team and independently using own initiative – Essential
Strong written communication skills – Essential
Shared vision for ProductiveMuslim.com – Desirable
Committed and hardworking attitude – Essential
Able to meet deadlines – Essential
Willing to undertake tasks as set by Head of Content and Research or other members of team – Essential
Computer literate and quick learner – Essential
Good knowledge of issues faced by Muslim community through work in another Islamic organisation – Desirable
If you are interested in applying for either one of the positions above, please send a cover letter outlining why you’d like to work for ProductiveMuslim.com, how you meet the person specification (no longer than 1 page) and send your CV by 10th May 2012 to [email protected] Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Interviews will be held online via Skype from 11th-13th May 2012. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and appreciate the time taken to apply.
If you have any further queries please contact the Head of Research and Content at [email protected]