Thank you for wanting to write for us! Since we respect your time, here are our writer specifications to make this process as easy as possible for you. Please follow these guidelines to increase your chances of publication on ProductiveMuslim.com.
Please note that it may take three weeks or more to schedule your article for publication as we handle a large volume of contributions each month. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!
Your content should fall into one of these 5 categories:
- Islam and Productivity: How does Islam inspire productivity?
- Getting Motivated: Beat the obstacles to being productive.
- Feeling Better: Optimize the blessing of your physical body.
- Working Better: Tips to work and study better, no matter what your role is.
- Helping Others: Serving family and community.
- It should be original: For instance, it should not be published anywhere else either online or in print.
- Include practical tips: At ProductiveMuslim.com, we like to take action and pretty much despise living in theory. Our readers want actionable steps they can apply to their lives.
- Readers should be able to scan the article: Making an article scanable is very important. You can do this by incorporating subheadings referencing important ideas and bullet points.
- Length: There is no limit on the length of the article. We trust your judgement on this.
- Article byline: Include 2-3 sentences at the beginning of the article which captures its essence, i.e. the reader will know what the article is about by reading this short summary.
- Bio: Tell us more about yourself. Include 3-4 sentences about what makes you so special. You can use this space for a bit of self-promotion. Include a link to your website or social media outlet.
- Catchy title: Ask yourself this: would you want to read your article based on its title? If yes, great. If not, please rethink the title.
- No affiliate links: Thanks.
- No poetry: We appreciate your artistic pursuits; however, ProductiveMuslim.com is currently not accepting poetry.
- Incorporate relevant Islamic quotes: Whether you derive your inspiration from the seerah or noble verses of the Qur’an, please include proper reference.
- Reader interaction: If your article is published, please interact with any comments left for your article on ProductiveMuslim.com.
- Avoid plagiarism: If you’ve used any type of research for the article, kindly reference it at the end.
- Accurate citation: Please make your citation of ayath and hadith as accurate as possible to allow us to verify them during the editing process.
- Professionalism: We understand it takes time and dedication to write an article. Since we receive a number of submissions and we may get delayed at times, we appreciate your patience, cooperation and professionalism throughout the process. We respect your contribution and your work will be read by our team.
How do I submit an article on ProductiveMuslim.com?
Have you applied sincere intentions and hard work on your article? Jazak Allah for your efforts! Now is the time to submit. If you are submitting for the first time, kindly use the submission form below.
- What we edit: Grammatical errors, sentence structure and flow.
- Titles: Our editorial staff may change the title for “catchiness”.
- Note: Our editorial staff may add to the introduction or conclusion of the article. However, if substantial changes need to be made, the article will be returned to the author for revisions or declined.
What happens after I submit my article?
- Approval: if an article is approved it will be scheduled for publication and you will be notified by one of our team members of publication date.
- Edits required: if we like your article but think it needs to be revised, you will be contacted with a request for edits.
- Declined: if the submission received does not relate to Islam and productivity, does not make a good fit for our website, or will not benefit our readers, it will be declined.
Articles published on ProductiveMuslim.com are meant to inspire and motivate readers to lead productive lives based on Islamic principles using modern technology/techniques to maximize efficiency. Your contribution to this goal is highly appreciated and we look forward to reading your work!